New Class Audit Policy for Retirees!
UNWRA members are eligible to audit a UNW undergraduate course for free!
Are you seeking a way to enrich your life in 2019?
Have you considered taking a university course to challenge and broaden your Christian worldview?
Want to take a course for fun?
No homework, no tests, no stress!
Check the UNW online course catalog for an undergraduate, traditional course of interest to you. Class schedules are available to the public at https://unwsp.edu/resources/registrar. Select “Class schedules”
- Select term you desire
- Select "Department"
- Review courses that still have openings
Guidelines for Auditing a Class:
- Approved retirees and spouses are allowed to audit courses without a tuition charge.
- A retiree auditing a course is not required to complete written assignments or take examinations. Extent and type of participation in the class is at the discretion of the professor.
- A retiree auditing a course may not replace a student taking the course for credit.
- Auditing is not permitted in physical education activity courses, theatre or dance technique courses, music performance courses, education courses numbered 3000 or above, courses offered in partnership with external organizations, or other courses so indicated in the course schedule at the discretion of the professor and with the approval of the department chair/assistant dean.
- If a UNW retiree has never been a UNW student, they will need to complete a special student (abbreviated application in Admissions) as this is the way such a person gets identified in Banner as a “student” in order for registration to take place. In the past, current employees who have audited a class, did not need to pay an application fee or an enrollment deposition, which would be the case with retirees as well.
Steps for Enrollment:
- Contact the Admissions Office at 651-631-5111 or firstname.lastname@example.org. They will send you a short application form and walk you through the process.
- Admissions will do a little data entry and then connect you with the Registrar’s office to help you sign up for their class.
Email email@example.com if you have any question.
Help Spread the Word About UNWRA
We want every University of Northwestern retiree to be included in the UNWRA but we need your help in getting the word out. Sometimes our initial contact information is incorrect or obsolete. Would you be willing to help us update our database by contacting former UNW colleagues you know personally to see if they are receiving and reading the UNWRA eNewsletter? A simple phone call or email to them would be appreciated. We don't want anyone to missout. Send any email updates to Tim Kowalik at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Chinese Student Hospitality Initiative
UNWRA members have an exciting opportunity to show the love of Christ through hospitality to the 18 Chinese students who currently attend the University of Northwestern. These 18 Chinese students are from Christian high schools in China. Jenny Yi, UNW Admissions Counselor, has been actively recruiting Chinese students over the past three years. A list of their names with contact information was printed and made available to members at the UNWRA luncheon.
Our goal is to have all 18 Chinese students invited into the homes of UNWRA members this year. You will have the opportunity to hear their unique stories of home, church and country. Likewise, they will have a chance to experience American food and culture while they hear your stories! You can even invite two or more students together so they will feel more comfortable coming to your home.
Don't forget to take photos of their visit with you and send them to Tim Kolwalik to post on the UNWRA eNewsletter.
If you would like to get connected with one or more of these students, please email Tim Kowalik at email@example.com. Tim will also be able to any questions you may have.