Christine is a lifelong learner and has always loved teaching, so she is thrilled to be at Northwestern where she is currently instructing the auditing and introduction to accounting courses. She considers it an honor to have the opportunity to merge her passion for teaching with her years of practical experience in public accounting – and integrate her faith and her passion for God’s Word into the midst of both.
Christine comes to University of Northwestern – St. Paul having spent over eleven years working in public accounting at Clifton Larson Allen (CLA) in Minneapolis. While at CLA, Christine worked exclusively in the public sector group, with a special focus on social service and religious organizations.
Managing and providing audit, tax, outsourcing and consulting services, Christine’s role as a director allowed her a wide breadth and depth of experience in the nonprofit world. Her responsibilities at CLA also included serving the public sector group as the primary resource for internal staffing, hiring, training and coaching.
At CLA, Christine was also actively involved in internal teaching and training, and over her final years at CLA, she had the privilege of coordinating the onboarding and training of over 30 new hires within the public sector group.
Christine has served for nearly a decade as a Junior Achievement volunteer, and has served on the board of directors of ImpactLives. She has been greatly shaped by numerous mission trips to Ukraine, Brazil, and Haiti.
However, her greatest passion in church ministry is sharing God’s Word with children, and she has been teaching intermediate grades for over twelve years.
• Bachelor of Science, Accounting and Finance – Bethel University
• Certified Public Accountant, Minnesota
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
• May 2012, CLA Nonprofit & Healthcare Conference: Organizational Ethics and Accountability
• April 2014, CLA internal training program: Risk Assessment Considerations
• May 2014, CLA Nonprofit & Healthcare Conference: Moral Courage
• 2014-2016, CLA internal training program: Effective On the Job Training
• Treasurer, ImpactLives
• Teaching volunteer, Junior Achievement
• Child and youth ministry teacher and volunteer, local church
• Mission team leader – Ukraine, Brazil, and Haiti