- Students who are admitted to UNW who are eligible for a Pell Grant and whose parents have not completed a four-year college degree.
- Student must be a resident of the state of Minnesota.
- Student must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or have Resident Alien status.
- Students who are under the legal definition set for those eligible for the Pell Grant:
- Student has earned a high school diploma or GED
- Student is a citizen or United States national
- Student has been accepted to an eligible school
Each student must complete the FAFSA each year. State and federal aid may make up part of the total award. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form calculated a family's ability to contribute toward the cost of education.
- Submit a traditional student application
through admissions (be sure to mark whether
or not your parents graduated from college).
- Complete the FAFSA application to determine
financial need/eligibility (or MN Dream Act if
ineligible for FAFSA).
- If you are eligible, the grant will automatically
be applied to your financial aid award.
Applications open on July 1. Contact your admission counselor to receive information on grant application deadlines.